The Generosity of Others

9/20/2005 07:32:00 AM

So.... Jaime had her first baby shower and let me tell you, Baby NellNell is going to be spoiled! I went over to my brother Shawn's house for the day and when I came back there were presents lined up against the wall almost to the ceiling.... Lots of blankets, clothes, and hats, and most of the "big ticket" items like a highchair, stroller, playpen, etc. It was very, very nice of everyone to be so thoughtful and generous, and to know that our little one is and will be so loved by everyone. Jeni and KD (Sister and best friend, respectively) put the shower on and from what I hear did an excellent job. There was scrapbooking, in which family and friend attendees made a custom page addressed to the baby for a future scrapbook. They also played a guess the poo game, where diapers were passed around with melted candy bars in them and the attendees had to guess what kind of candy bar it was. All in all it turned out great and we hope that everyone had a good time and want to thank everyone involved for the gifts and attention. And we still have another baby shower in the near future that our friend Amy is putting together with co-workers!

As for everyday life, Jaime and I have completed our child preperation classes and a pediatric CPR certification class. Jaime's belly is getting bigger, she's ready for the little one to come out. The baby is getting longer and bigger, which is pressing on Jaime's lungs and innards, at times making it hard for her to breath and sleep....but I guess that's normal?! We're still waiting to win the lottery, keep your fingers crossed :) School starts up for me again this coming Tuesday, I'm just going to be taking one math class, hopefully it won't be too much with everything else going on. I'm also taking Jaime on a date to a Brad Paisley/Sugarland concert at the Puyullap Fair this Saturday. It should be pretty fun, probably one of the last real "dates" we''ll have in awhile!

We watched Crash last weekend, with Don Cheadle, Matt Dillon and, Sandra Bullock ....an exceptional movie! I'd highly recommend it. A 5 diaper rating!

Well, until next time....

0 comments: