Advertisements & Fatherhood

12/05/2005 11:11:00 AM

So as you can see, I'm trying out some advertisements on this blog and also on my main website. I've already made a few bucks, and it's really easy to do. Please let me know when I've gone too far, I'll try not to over do it. But listen to this.....If someone signs up for NetFlix from the Ad on my sites, I get $9.00. The google ad under the netflix banner pays a couple buck per 1000 clicks and the ExpoActive ads on the right side pay out at $.05 per click! And then there is the Mozilla FireFox download, which pays $1.00 if someone downloads it through my site and starts up the Firefox browser. Also, if you have a website and want to advertise through google on it, you can sign up for Google AdSense through the very bottom link and when you make your first $100, they send me $100. All of these only pay out on unique IP Address clicks, so it's no use clicking multiple times to try and make me rich (although I appreciate the thought). How easy
Actually, I highly recommend both Netflix and Firefox. I use both very frequently.

In addition to the advertisements, I'm starting my own online store. Selling TShirts, Mugs, and so forth. I'm still working on the logos and pictures that are going to be on the stuff, so give me a week or so before you start buying tons of stuff! :) Should be fun to get Shirts and stuff made with McKenna on them or any other kind of silly stuff. If you have a design in mind, let me know and I'll add it to the store!

Thanksgiving was nice. It was Jaime, McKenna, myself and Jaime's Mom, Dad and Sister for dinner. Jaime had been cooking misc things throughout the week and then Jeni (Jaime's sister) came over to help with the turkey on Thanksgiving morning. We played poker after the food and Jeni's boyfriend Brian joined us. Lots of fun.
We actually went out shopping on Black Friday too, got up around 4 and went to the Fred Meyer sock sale and to the mall. It didn't really pan out too good though. It's hard to shop without any money! :)

On another, I love being a dad. It's just so fun to sit with her laying against my chest and to watch her little face scrunch up or smile or grimace while she sleeps. It makes all of the crying and poopy diapers worth it. I feel bad for Jaime now because when I come home from work sometimes she looks exhausted having been up with McKenna for most of the night and what not. (As I'm sleeping in another room during the work week).
I can't believe it's already been over a month! We got professional pictures taken with the three of us the other week. They turned out pretty good for the most part (if you take me out of them)



Besides that, on the movie front it's been pretty lackadaisical. I watched Murderball, which gets a 4 diaper rating. It was really interesting and gave me a different point of view on situations life throws at you. The Devils Rejects gets a 2 diaper rating. Pretty lame. Certainly not a kids movie or for those that don't like stupid horror/camp movies. It's the 2nd movie from Rob Zombie (House of 1000 Corpses was his first). Melinda and Melinda was an ok movie, a 2-1/3 diaper rating. I'm not a huge Woody Allen buff, and this plays like a semi typical Allen movie. Jaime and I have gotten hooked on another TV show as well, this time via Netflix. We thought we'd give Nip/Tuck (the first season) a try and really like it. It's not for the children but is pretty good TV, for that late night, drama type show; 4 diapers.
Jaime and I are hoping to go on a date this weekend if we can find a babysitter....Narnia comes out on Fri and we have been looking forward to seeing it for awhile. If you know our infatuation with the Lord of the Rings movies (I collect the swords and some memorabilia), J R R Tolkien and C S Lewis were friends and were in the same writers club in their youth. They shared ideas and often reviewed each other's ideas and stories. It should be a good movie.

Other than that, Have a great Holiday Season! And be Safe!
Happy Holidays,
Mark, Jaime, McKenna, Monster and Dakota.

0 comments: